Rubber magnetic tapes are extruded rubber magnetic strips.They are magnetized only on once side,and multi-poles magnetized across width, there is no magnetism on the opposite surface.With the magnetis...
Rubber magnetic tapes are extruded rubber magnetic strips.They are magnetized only on one side, and multi-poles magnetized across the width, there is no magnetism on the opposite surface.With the magnetism on the magnetized surface, rubber magnetic tapes can attract onto any ferromagnetic steel and any object made of magnetic permeability material easily, such as refrigerator and whiteboard.
Because of the flexible character, rubber magnetic tapes are also called as flexible magnetic tapes.
The flexible magnetic tapes have a maximum working temperature of 80 ℃ , above this temperature, the thermo-plastic (rubber) binder starts to soften, even cause demagnetizaion for the magnetic tapes
The flexible magnetic tapes are mainly used as a connector. With adhesive backing, non-magnetic objects can be fixed onto the surface that allows magnets. For example, attach a rubber magnetic tape onto the surface of the refrigerator, then you can attach a paper onto the refrigerator easily, and it easily removed without any mark when it not used. Compared with traditional tape, the rubber magnetic tapes are more environmental.
The rubber magnetic tapes come in a wide range of thickness and width.
• The 0.5mm thick magnetic tape has a pull rating of 28 grams per square centimeter.
• The 0.75mm thick magnetic tape has a pull rating of 44 grams per square centimeter.
• The 1.5mm thick magnetic tape has a pull rating of 28
For thickness,there are 0.5mm ,0.75mm, 1mm,1.5mm ...available.
For width, the magnetic tapes are available in 7.5mm, 10mm, 12.5mm, 12.7mm, 13mm, 20mm, and 25.4mm.
The length of the magnetic tapes usually decided by the thickness and width.
The 0.5mm thick tape is available in 1m lengths. The 0.75mm thick tape is available in 10m rolls. The 1.5mm thick tape is available in 30m rolls.
All flexible rubber magnetic tapes are easy to cut into different length, simply cut them to needed size with a pair of scissors.
Rubber magnetic tapes work best when they touch with ferromagnetic surfaces (such as mild steel sheet) or directly touch with itself, the even little distance will cause a reduction in magnetic force. Magnet on magnet can be up to two times the magnetic force of magnet on steel.
There are 4 kinds of treatment methods on the non-magnetized surface in relation with the adhesive backing layer:
• Plain - no adhesive on the non-magnetized side, known as dry wipe magnetic tapes.
• Standard acrylic adhesive backed which known as self-adhesive magnetic tapes - suitable for holding card
• Premium acrylic adhesive backed which known as iron flex self-adhesive magnetic tapes- suitable for holding metal and plastics
• Foam adhesive backed which called as foam adhesive magnetic tapes - suitable for holding uneven surfaces