NingBo BeiLun Meank Magnetics Co., Ltd
+8657486220016 +8657486220016

info@meank-magnet.com sales@meank-magnet.com

Safety Neodymium Magnets

Tips for safe handling on neodymium magnets


Danger

Swallowing

Children could swallow small magnets.

If several magnets are swallowed, they could get stuck in the intestine and cause perilous complications.

Magnets are not toys! Make sure that children don't play with magnets.


Danger

Electrical Conductivity

Magnets are made of metal and conduct electricity.

Children might try to put magnets into a power outlet and thereby suffer from an electric shock.

Magnets are not toys! Make sure that children don't play with magnets.


Warning

Contusions

Bigrare earthmagnets have a very strong attractive force.

· Unsafe handling could cause jamming of fingers or skin in between magnets. This may lead to contusions and bruises.

· Powerful, very large magnets could cause bone fractures.

Wear heavy protective gloves when handling larger magnets.


Warning


Pacemaker

Magnets could affect the functioning of pacemakers and implanted heart defibrillators.

· A pacemaker could switch into test mode and cause illness.

· A heart defibrillator may stop working.

· If you wear these devices,then keep a safe sufficient distance toneodymiummagnets.

· Warn others who wear these devices from getting too close to magnets.


Warning

Heavy Objects

Too heavy loads, symptoms of fatigue as well as material defect could cause a magnet or magnetic hook to loosen from the surface that is was attached to.
Falling objects could lead to serious injuries.

· The indicated adhesive force applies only to ideal conditions. Allow for a high safety cushion.

· Don't use magnets in places where people could sustain injuries in case of material failure.


Warning

Metal splinters

Neodymium magnets are brittle. Colliding magnets could crack.
Sharp splinters could be catapulted away for several meters and injure your eyes.

· Avoid the collision of magnets.

· Wear safety glasses when handling larger magnets.

· Make sure that nearby people are also protected or keep their distance.


Caution


Magnetic field

Magnets produce a far-reaching, strong magnetic field. They could damage TVs and laptops, computer hard drives, credit and ATM cards, data storage media, mechanical watches, hearing aids and speakers.

· Keep magnets away from devices and objects that could be damaged by strong magnetic fields.


Caution

Combustibility

When machining magnets, the drilling dust could easily ignite.
Stay away from machining magnets or use appropriate tools and sufficient cooling water.


Caution

Nickel allergy

Many of our magnets have coatings that contain nickel.

· Some people have an allergic reaction when they come into contact with nickel.

· Nickel allergies could develop from constant contact with nickel-plated objects.

· Avoid constant skin contact with nickel-plated magnets.

· Avoid contact with magnets if you already have a nickel allergy.


Caution

Airfreight

Magnetic fields of improperly packaged magnets could influence airplane navigation devices, in the worst case it could lead to an accident.

· Airfreight magnets only in packaging with sufficient magnetic shielding.


Caution

Postage

Magnetic fields of improperly packaged magnets could cause disturbances in sorting machines and damage fragile goods in other packages.

· Use a large box and place the magnet in the middle surrounded by lots of padding material.

· Arrange magnets in a package in a way that the magnetic fields neutralise each other.

· If necessary, use sheet iron to shield the magnetic field.

· There are stricter rules for airfreight: Refer to the warning notice "Airfreight".


Notice


Influence on People

According to the current level of knowledge, magnetic fields of permanent magnets do not have a measurable positive or negative influence on people. It is unlikely that permanent magnets constitute a health risk, but it cannot be ruled out entirely.

· For your own safety, avoid constant contact with magnets.

· Store large magnets at least one metre away from your body.


Notice

Splintering of coating

Most of our neodymium magnets have a thin nickel-copper-nickel coating to protect them from erosion. This coating could splinter or crack due to collision or large pressure. This makes them vulnerable to environmental influences like moisture and they could oxidize.

· Separate big magnets, especially spheres, with a piece of cardboard.

· Avoid collisions of magnets as well as repeated mechanical exposure (e.g. blows, bashes).


Notice

oxidation-corrosion-rust

Oxidation, Corrosion, Rust

Untreated neodymium magnets oxidize quickly and disintegrate.
Most of our magnets have a nickel-copper-nickel coating to protect them from corrosion. This coating provides some protection against corrosion, but it is not robust enough for continuous outdoor use.

· Use magnets only in the dry indoors or protect them against environmental influences.

· Avoid damages to the coating.


Notice

Temperature Resistance

Neodymium magnets have a maximum working temperature of 80 to 200 °C.
Most neodymium magnets lose part of their adhesive force permanently at a temperature of 80 °C.

· Don't use magnets in places where they are exposed to extreme heat.

· If you use an adhesive, don't harden it with hot air.


Notice

mechanical-treatment

Mechanical Treatment

Neodymium magnets are brittle, heat-sensitive and oxidise easily.

· When drilling or sawing a magnet with improper tools, the magnet may break.

· The emerging heat may demagnetise the magnet.

· The magnet will oxidise and disintegrate due to the damaged coating.

Stay away from mechanical treatment of magnets if you do not possess the necessary equipment and experience.